Thank you for your interest in employment with the Ohio School for the Deaf.
The Ohio School for the Deaf offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Ten paid holidays
- Four paid personal days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick and bereavement leave
- Deferred compensation plan
- Pretax dependent care spending account
- After one year: two weeks vacation, dental and vision insurance
Click here for more Benefits package information
Openings for specific classified and unclassified positions are announced as they become available. The application process at OSD is easy, just follow the directions below.
Your application materials need to include:
- Applications are available at all state offices, or by calling (614) 644-5968, to have an application mailed to you.
- List any course work matching the position's minimum requirements.
- List any degrees/majors matching the position's minimum requirements in the "Education" section.
- Document experience matching the minimum requirements for the position in the "Job Duties" area of the "Experience" section. If you need additional space, you may attach extra sheets, but do not use "see resume".
We accept copies of applications with an ORIGINAL signature.
- Transcripts documenting any course work or degrees needed for the position.
- Indicate the position for which you are applying, along with the Position Control Number or PCN (if available), on the front of the application. Or include a brief cover letter listing the job, with PCN, for which you are applying.
- Then mail to:
The Ohio School for the Deaf
500 Morse Road
Columbus, Ohio 43214-1899
Attn: Human Resources
Fax: (614) 995-7542
All materials must be received by the closing date on the vacancy posting.
Applications, which do not indicate the position applied for, may not be considered.
Separate application materials must be submitted for each position.
All positions may be subject to a written skills assessment and/or structured interviewed.
The Ohio School for the Deaf ensures equal employment and equal educational opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation and genetic information in compliance with state directives and federal mandates.